Celf runs an exhibition programme, commissions artists to lead workshops, produces shows and festivals, organises cultural visits and promotes shows and festivals.
We also run an artists in residence programme, creating exchanges and networking opportunities both locally and nationally as well as internationally.
In the last year we have worked with some of the most disadvantaged members of our community; engaging over 80 participants to join in 78 workshop sessions. We organised 4 solo exhibitions by mentored artists, 1 pop up live art performance and 3 group shows.
During the year, we hosted 2 international residencies, 2 resident artists from Scotland, 1 mentor in residence and 3 residences by project participants. We organised 3 gallery visits across the UK.
We work with over 50 artists, curators, choreographers, teachers, trainers, writers and poets, puppet makers, story tellers, film makers, photographers and dancers.
Celf believes in the value and importance of a creative life.
- We believe that excellence as a value is fundamental in all that we organise and present
- We value integrated work where it provides an enriched experience for people
- We work with a presumption of ability and we work positively with diversity
- We recognise the importance of the Welsh Language in the creative life of Welsh speakers
- We value the creative life of Celf itself and will ensure our creativity informs and inspires all aspects of the work and development of Celf.